Let us begin with the basics. What is interactive video (IV)? In short, IV is a digital video that allows the user to interact in some capacity whether it is through gestures, sounds or clicks, users are provided with the opportunity to interact inside the video itself. IV can be used for education, shopping, entertainment and most importantly for our purposes, marketing.
Let’s focus on the marketing side of IV. Our goal as marketers is to capture the customer’s attention by offering choices that will empower the user and give them a feeling of control. Which in the case of IV, the consumer does indeed drive the car so to speak.
Video content is undoubtedly the most consumed form of media on the internet today. Since 2005, interactive video has increased online as the result of various factors including but not limited to:
- the rise in numbers of users accessing the internet at broadband speeds
- production costs have decreased drastically
- the addition of video as a media type to Flash
- creative process has been streamlined
- Video keeps visitors on your website longer
- Video is more memorable than written content
Just in the last few years, a number of interactive video technologies have been developed that utilize a new way of encoding videos allowing users to add clickable points to video which has changed the game forever.
New technologies now allow video producers to insert questions, calculations, results, capture leads, and personality assessments directly into the video experience. Interactivity that used to require post-production is now available to any video creator. “Customizable videos” allow the user to adjust some variables and then share the video customized to the user's particular preferences. While “Exploratory videos” allow the consumer to move through the unit and see an object from multiple angles as though they were looking at the video in real life. If you need more interaction and engagement from your digital ads, there is no better way than with an interactive video ad.
Point blank…video advertising is the single most effective and scalable brand awareness tool available today. In April of 2015, it was unveiled that over 4 billion videos were being viewed each day on Facebook alone. By September, this number had doubled to a staggering 8 billion video views daily. Cisco now predicts that 80% of all Internet traffic will be streaming video content by 2019, up from 64% in 2014. More so, studies have shown that an IV experience typically leads to a specific outcome.
In a recent market survey by research firm Demand Metric, 74% of B2B marketers reported that video now converts better than other content types. The three key dimensions of IV performance by this study were Engagement, Conversion and ROI. In addition, the study shows that IV has returned some incredible numbers.
- 60% of people prefer video over reading text
- 70% of the study participants indicate that IV engages well or very well
- IV is becoming is becoming more and more important to over two thirds of those polled
- Average planned spending on IV over the next 12 months by study participants ranged from $30,000 to $39,999 and rising
To understand the value of Interactive Video in a broader context, the participants in the study were asked to rank various marketing channels based on their effectiveness. The results speak for themselves:
- Interactive Video
- In-person networking events
- Linear video
- Case Studies
- White papers or briefs
- Native advertising
Overall the study showed that 62% of participants were either satisfied or very satisfied with IV results while only 7% were dissatisfied.
Which brings me to our own cutting-edge proprietary interactive video player which was conceived, developed and is only available through JMC Brands.
So how does it work you ask? We insert your videos into our interactive video player and we serve the videos to a network of millions of websites targeted to hit your ideal audience. Prospects engage with the interactive player and your brand. After exploring your videos, the prospect is given multiple ways to continue the conversation, whether through a learn-more link, or your social media. The end result, interactive video allows you to create a powerful and effective brand story.
What makes our IV Player different? Take a look!
Here are just a few facts that have set us apart from the competition.
- Ability to host up to five videos inside of one ad unit. Our proprietary carousel allows the user to choose from the selection of videos uploaded by the host. This empowers the consumer by giving them options to decide which video has to most relevance for their particular needs.
- 82% of the people who saw our ad clicked to watch them
- 60% of those who watched the video on our player, interacted with other brand elements too
- 74% of the people who started the main video watched the whole thing
- By using JMC Brands exclusive ad network to serve your videos, our customers would have the ability to reach 90% of the online audience or 100% of the reachable online audience
Our unique video player gives the best possible user experience, while still maintaining our high engagement rates which are currently 7 times higher than the national average. Built with HTML5, it works seamlessly on all devices and allows you to display multiple video options and social icons.
Our Interactive Video Player allows viewers to actively engage your brand and become part of the story. IT'S NOT JUST VIDEO ANYMORE. It’s an entire conversation starting with a video and ending with a quality consumer interaction. The allure of video invites consumers to interact with your brand story. With interactive video advertising you earn more brand exposure time, create closer connections, and increase ROI. Don’t just take our word that interactive video will change how you look at digital advertising. Let the results speak for themselves!
If it’s a certain style you’re looking for, we offer several variations to our IV player that can be used for any platform or device. Sample our video player and see our variations HERE.
The bottom line is this…..Interactive Video has become the shrewd choice for any company or organization looking to drive better engagement with customers or targeted audience. Combine that with JMC Brand’s revolutionary Interactive Video Player served on our robust network and you’ll have a proven winning formula. Do not be left behind as IV rapidly merges into the mainstream. Contact us today and let us set you up for success.