What do you do if your website or brick and mortar store is getting good traffic, yet not the sales to coincide? It is a question that we hear a lot from new clients at JMC Brands. We’ve developed a list of tips that will help you convert more leads into customers.
1. Strengthen your value proposition. Really think about what makes your company different from your competition. Where do you add value? A strong and clear value proposition is the key to converting customers.
2. Provide superior customer service. This should go without saying. Providing excellent customer service, online or in person, will make your prospect feel valued and more likely to purchase from you.
3. Make it easy to buy from you. This may seem obvious, yet many websites do not make it easy to contact the company or to purchase the product. Make finding the information fast and simple.
4. Back up any claims. If you claim that your product or service can save time or money, you need to be ready to substantiate it. You can reference a study, use testimonials, provide a demonstration, or link to third-party reviews. People need to be convinced.
5. Reduce or remove risk. New cars come with a bumper-to-bumper warranty. Pizza companies guarantee delivery in 30 minutes or less. Can your company make a similar promise? If you can offer a guarantee or warranty that will remove any purchase hesitation, do it.
6. Create a sense of urgency. Act now! Supplies are limited! How many times have you heard that sales pitch? Probably a lot, because it works. Instill a sense of urgency with your customers. For example, you can offer a price discount or an added incentive for a time limited.
7. Create novelty. There is a reason that people line up for a new iPhone launch. People love things that are new. If you want prospects to buy from you, you should create new products or make small upgrades to existing products.
8. Get people excited. Build excitement surrounding your product. Add teaser content to your website, send teaser emails to your prospect list or send press releases to major trade outlets. Generate buzz, and you will generate sales.
9. Give them a reason to return. Oftentimes, a prospect isn’t ready to make an immediate purchase. They could be gathering information, comparing costs or weighting the alternatives. Make your site a resource for information worth coming back to read. Write a blog. Provide an RSS feed. Offer whitepapers. By doing so, you will stay top of mind when they are ready to make a purchase. Even better, they will share your information with friends, thereby increasing your prospect base.
10. Create a community. People love to feel like they are part of something. Create a community forum on your site or sponsor an existing industry forum online. The community forums give prospective customers, current customers and yourself the opportunity to create a one-on-one dialog like never before.
11. Build a relationship. People buy from people they like. Use your website as a means to start an ongoing communication flow with your prospects. Give reasons to capture email addresses for future conversations. Invite them to sign up for a newsletter to be alerted to new products. Provide free, gated content such as an industry study, an informative whitepaper or webinar access.
12. Be social. Keep up-to-date on your social platforms. Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or LinkedIn, you should keep your postings fresh and relevant. Also, reply to customer comments, even the negative ones.
13. Remind them. A prospect found your site and spent a few minutes reviewing your products. Then they left. Now what? With a retargeting campaign you could serve them ads reminding them to come back to your site to purchase.
14. Keep it smart and fresh. Your website is a direct reflection of your company. It has to be free of typos, broken links and outdated information. Keep it up to date with fresh content and you will build sales.
15. Test your website. Using A/B testing software, you can test headlines, page layouts, offers, call to actions and even the sizes of “order now” or “register buttons.” A/B testing software directs 50% of site traffic to Page A and 50% to Page B. Let the highest number win.
Many of these tips can be used individually or in combinations with each other. Some will be easy to initiate, while others will be more time consuming. All of them will be worth the effort in terms of increased sales. If you need help, you can always send us an email or give us a phone call. We would be happy to discuss ways to increase your lead conversion.